BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD ALL WEEK!!!!
Can’t wait to see what’s in store, and I’m especially getting this game since now there’s a PS4 version of this too!
(This is sorta a copypasta of someone else’s post, but I replaced certain words with better ones, kinda like a “Mad Libs” version of said post. I’ll even throw in a bonus and correct punctuation errors, absolutely free!)
Imagine a video game where you create a villain whose destiny is to destroy/dominate the world, but throughout the game, you start making harder and more questionable decisions, and the game hits you with twists no one sees coming, yet flows with the story surprisingly well. And in the end, you’re just standing there, clutching your controller and finally realizing you were playing the hero all along, realizing that this world is not only too precious after all, but also not worth all the effort you would have done trying to destroy it, and therefore focusing your attention on some other planet as one final twist; being the defender of the original planet you were originally planning to destroy, but setting your sights on a different one!
(THERE! Now I’ve something no one has actually thought up of, and would make a surprisingly good game if done properly. Sadly, it might not happen in the near future, but as long as there are smart people that like to play vidya left in the world, it will happen eventually.) ;)
imagine a video game where you create a hero whose destiny is to save everyone, but throughout the game you start making harder and more questionable decisions, and the game gets darker and darker. and in the end you’re just standing there, clutching the controller and finally realizing you were playing the villain all along
Uhh… There’s already plenty of games like that. Only difference is that you have the choice of doing something super-villainous at the end. Guess they never heard of these small franchises like “Mass Effect” or “InFAMOUS”.
Channel X - So High
This song has some good vocals, but the synth riff at 0:40 just takes it to new heights!
The Legend of Korra Book 4 Facts and Rumor Roundup
The Final Season
Hopefully to curb any misinformation, here is everything we know about Book 4:
- Book 4 will be 13 episodes long.
- Studio Mir will animate ALL of Book 4.
- Book 4 will constitute the end of The Legend of Korra.
- Jason Isaacs (Zhao, Book 4 likely a new character), Jason Marsden (Aye-Aye, Huan), and Anne Heche (Suyin Beifong) recorded at least one scene with Kiernan Shipka (Jinora). source
- Korra will still have fight scenes. sources 1 & 2
- Korra and Katara have a scene together. source
- Book 4’s villain will be a new threat, not a direct tie to the Red Lotus. source
- The Airbenders will take on a peackeeping Jedi Knight-like role. source
Book 4 production progress:
- 25/08/2014 - Book 4 is “essentially done” with post-production being worked on for the “rest of .” source
- 25/08/2014 - Book 4’s dialog recording is complete, and the cast will return to do grunts and other natural sounds when animation is complete. source
- 06/06/2014 - The design/color stage of production is “in the home stretch.” source
- 07/03/2014 - The animatic stage of production is complete. source
- 11/09/2013 - Voice recording is likely complete based on the fact that it has been ongoing since at the latest September of last year.
Unclear information / rumors:
- Book 4 is rumored to be titled Balance. This is claim is completely unfounded but possible.
- Given that Book 1 focused on Korra learning Airbending, Book 2 on the Water Tribes conflict, and Book 3 on the Earth Kindgom, it is likely Book 4 brings us to the Fire Nation and current Fire Lord, Zuko’s daughter.
- Kuvira (voiced by Zelda Williams) was name-dropped several times in the finale seemingly without purpose, as well as having a sinister musical theme play when introducing herself. For these reasons it is likely she is being set up for a bigger role in Book 4, possibly as a villain.
- Book 4 is rumored to have a January 2015 release based on the fact that this is when the Book 3 Artbook comes out, and the previous Artbooks have had releases timed approximately with the next season. Beyond this grasping-at-straws connection, January seems like a reasonable release time considering how far along production is and the fact that online distribution eliminates Nick’s scheduling issues.
- Bryke have stated that 2014 was Korra’s last big SDCC panel, meaning that Book 4 will be released before summer of next year. This further supports the Q1 2015 rumor, as well as the likelihood of us getting our first look at Book 4 at NYCC this year, October 9th-12th.
More and more Book 4 information should be coming out soon, and this post will be kept up-to-date as it happens!